Thunderbird Commercial Insurance has a wide variety of Commercial Marine products backed by a industry leaders in marine specific coverage.
Commercial Fishing Vessels – Sample & Optional Coverages
- Policies Based on Institute Fishing Vessel Clauses Agreed Value Policy Repair costs reimbursed without deduction for depreciation
- Pollution Cover included to the limit of the P&I Policy
- Surveys paid for by Underwriters when required by Underwriters
- Crewman Personal Effects
- Ice Damage Deductible Options
- No Additional Machinery Deductible applied to machinery less than 10 years old
- No Restricted Machinery Cover Clause – Usually applied to machinery over 10 years old
- Continuity Credits – Premium Refunds Available Based on Defined Claims Record
Marinas, Dock, Wharves Including Stock Losses
Property Coverage: Property coverage includes docks, wharves, piers, pontoons, lifting & yarding equipment, stock, bait…
Equipment Breakdown including Boiler & Machinery: Losses related to equipment breakdowns caused by insured perils such as lightening are covered, as is coverage for business related losses; ice making equipment, fueling systems & communication equipment, loss of stock, including bait.
Marine General Liability: Marine liability policy has a $5,000,000 limit with a wide range of coverage extensions. Operations covered include marina operations, pollution & products liability.
Umbrella Liability: The AIS program offers optional increased liability limits.
Environment Impairment Liability: Even the most well maintained fuel tanks and other operations dealing with potential pollutants can experience a loss.
Business Interruption: Coverage for loss of business income for losses as a result of an insured loss.
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Coverage – Fishery employees, captains, mates & related staff: Often fishery employees are not covered by WCB; those that are covered have less than a $15,000 death benefit. The TCI AD&D policy includes a comprehensive list of coverages including $200,000 in death benefits.
Legal Defense Insurance – Coverage available for fishery management and captains: There are a variety of licensing requirements that allow for individuals being charged criminally; they will require immediate legal advice & representation. Criminal acts are “excluded” from traditional insurance coverage even if the charges are unsubstantiated or falsely placed.
Cargo Insurance; Stock coverage for commercial fishing vessels until they are unloaded; Shipbuilders Liability – Marine Builders Risk; Fish Processing Facilities; On Shore & Off Shore Aquaculture Operations